Tel: +86 -18622731891
Ke Chen received the B.S. degree in mathematics and the M.S. degree in bioinformatics in 2002 and 2005 respectively, from the Nankai University, Tianjin, China. He received the Ph.D. degree in software engineering and intelligent systems from University of Alberta in 2011. Currently, he is an associate professor at the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Tiangong University, China. He has published more than 30 journal papers and the venue includes Bioinformatics, Structure, PLOS ONE, Journal of Computational Chemistry, etc. His current research interests include design of algorithms for Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Computational Biology.
Undergraduate courses: Data Mining, Algorithms, Computer English
Graduate courses: Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computational Biology
1. Chen K, Mizianty M, Kurgan LA. NucPred: Prediction of nucleotide-binding residues based on sequence and structure descriptors. Bioinformatics, 28:31-341, 2012.
2. Chen K, Kurgan Lukasz. Computational prediction of secondary and supersecondary structures. Methods in Molecular Biology, 932:63-86, 2013
3. Chen K, Mizianty M, Gao JZ, Kurgan LA. A critical comparative assessment of predictions of protein binding sites for small organic compound. Structure, 19：613-621, 2011.
4. Chen K, Mizianty M, Gao JZ, Kurgan LA. ATPsite: sequence-based prediction of ATP-binding residues. Proteome Science, 9:S4, 2011
5. Chen K, Stach W, Homaeian L, Kurgan LA, iFC2: An integrated web-server for improved prediction of protein structural class, fold type, and secondary secondary structure content. Amino Acids, 40:963-73, 2011
6. Mizianty M, Stach W, Chen K, Kedarisetti KD, Miri Disfani F, Kurgan LA. Improved Sequence-based Prediction of Disordered Regions with Multilayer Fusion of Multiple Information Sources. Bioinformatics, 26: i489-i496, 2010
7. Zhang T, Zhang H, Chen K, Ruan J, Shen S, Kurgan LA, 2010. Analysis and Prediction of RNA-Binding Residues Using Sequence, Evolutionary Conservation, and Predicted Secondary Structure and Solvent Accessibility. Current Protein and Peptide Science,special issue on Protein Folding, Stability and Interactions, 11:609-628, 2010
8. Chen K, Kurgan LA. Atomic investigation of atomic level patterns in protein–small ligand interactions. PLOS One. 4:e4473, 2009
9. Chen K, Jiang Y, Du L, Kurgan L. Prediction of integral membrane protein type by collocated hydrophobic amino acid pairs. J Comput Chem. 30:163-72. 2009